Protecting the Interests of our Stakeholders and the Community
Corporate governance is about doing the right things in the right way. It’s about demonstrating accountability and transparency in our actions and decisions. While achieving our long term strategic goals is important to Bankers Cobalt Corp, we also need to protect the interests of our primary stakeholders such as shareholders, employees, business partners, and the community at large.
To reach this standard, we require a set of robust systems and processes combined with effective leadership to support a culture based upon openness and honesty which creates an external focus on the needs of our partners and the community.
More specifically, we feel that policies and procedures are necessary to:
- Establish a culture based on a foundation of sound business ethics as embodied in an established code of conduct (see our code of conduct)
- Fulfill the long-term strategic goal of the founders while taking into account the expectations of all the key stakeholders, and in particular should:
- consider and care for the interests of employees, past, present and future
- take account of the needs of the environment and the local community
- ensure that controls are put in place to avoid all exploitative labour practices
- work to maintain excellent relations with both business partners and suppliers
- Maintain proper compliance with all the applicable legal and regulatory requirements under which the company is carrying out its activities including anti-bribery and anti-corruption legislation (see our Anti-Corruption Policy).